Carrot Killer

Wherigo player

Question

7 answers to this question

I've done a couple of them and though I'm sure a better user experience can be achieved, the amount of Wherigo caches and cachers is a tiny fraction of the other cache types. An effort, which is likely rather significant, would take away the limited resources from helping a much larger audience.

Right now this isn't something that we are focused on. Maybe in the future, but the high level of testing and development time for a relatively low use feature isn't something I can focus on right now.

22 minutes ago, Frank said:

I haven't seen one of those get placed in years... they are a thing of the past!   Last time I did a wherigo I dragged it into notepad and saw the final coordinates in plain text and saved myself a whole lot of time and effort!

Not sure where you are located, but you can use Project-GC to see activity of new caches. Wherigo caches placed by day in the US is viewable at https://project-gc.com/Statistics/HiddenPerDate?country=United+States&type[]=Wherigo+Cache&submit=Filter . But as I noted in my initial reply, the activity is a tiny percentage of new caches placed or caches that are found.  There are many 1000's active in the US. 

I'm also not aware of dropping a Wherigo cartridge into notepad and the final coords being visible, but I never looked that hard.