Jump to content
ivans

Lab caches in the Cachly 6.2

Recommended Posts

Nic, lab caches in the Cachly are great! Thanks

Just one question: does Hide My Finds switch work also for lab caches? We already found lab caches in Prague, but they are on the map in Cachly, see attached file. 

5B68D59E-A082-410B-8B36-6C614D623C2F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently the API that HQ provides official apps like Cachly does not yet support identifying Adventure Labs that you’ve found or placed. Hopefully HQ will enhance their API to super this at Erich time Cachly can leverage the filter options similar to caches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly, geocaching.com's own Adventure app is not really consistent or dependable with the Found status. It happened to us (3 guys), that after completing one stage of a Adventure, the whole Adventure was marked as Completed, removed from the map and it was accessible only within the list of Adventures.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that GC Droid has the ability to generate local fake found log drafts for adventure labs. By doing this they are considered found and will be filtered by "Hide my finds". Considering the current situation this is a good solution that works well.
Perhaps Nics contact at HQ can tell him if it is worth waiting for an extension of the API or if he should bette implement a solution on his own. Right now it is quite unsatisfying. I turned Lab Caches off, because I always double checked the same Labs in order to see if it was one I finished or not, and returned to the official app to check what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DrDaffy said:

I saw that GC Droid has the ability to generate local fake found log drafts for adventure labs. By doing this they are considered found and will be filtered by "Hide my finds". Considering the current situation this is a good solution that works well.
Perhaps Nics contact at HQ can tell him if it is worth waiting for an extension of the API or if he should bette implement a solution on his own. Right now it is quite unsatisfying. I turned Lab Caches off, because I always double checked the same Labs in order to see if it was one I finished or not, and returned to the official app to check what to do next.

Cachly currently has the ability to mark AL caches as found, which will then filter them out using the Hide My Finds filter. Are you meaning something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Cachly currently has the ability to mark AL caches as found, which will then filter them out using the Hide My Finds filter. Are you meaning something else?

How can I do this? Whenever I tap on an AL icon it takes me straight to the AL app

Edit: just discovered I can long press the icon on the map but doesn’t seem to work on the list view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beardman75 said:

How can I do this? Whenever I tap on an AL icon it takes me straight to the AL app

Edit: just discovered I can long press the icon on the map but doesn’t seem to work on the list view

Yes, long press on AL caches in list view or the map callout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Yes, long press on AL caches in list view or the map callout. 

That doesn't seem to work on the list view. I press and hold and nothing happens. Eventually I remove my finger and it opens in the AL app. Works fine in map view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beardman75 said:

That doesn't seem to work on the list view. I press and hold and nothing happens. Eventually I remove my finger and it opens in the AL app. Works fine in map view

Hmm, well that is strange, we haven't had this reported before. What device and version of Cachly are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you long press in list view it should show options within about .5 seconds. If you hold for longer, does anything show?

For reference, I tested on an old iPhone 6 with iOS 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

If you long press in list view it should show options within about .5 seconds. If you hold for longer, does anything show?

For reference, I tested on an old iPhone 6 with iOS 11.

I just tried it again and discovered that if I press harder it works. It seems to need a harder press than on the map view. Sorry about the false alarm. I must’ve tried it 20 times in the last 24hrs and that’s the first time it worked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beardman75 said:

I just tried it again and discovered that if I press harder it works. It seems to need a harder press than on the map view. Sorry about the false alarm. I must’ve tried it 20 times in the last 24hrs and that’s the first time it worked

Yes, some phones that still have the force touch feature of the screen where you hard press. Glad that you got it figured out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Martin said:

Has there been another update to the "Mark as found" feature. Because now I only have the possibility to copy coodinates and color mark a Adventure Lab Cache

No, no additional updates. You are likely not seeing the option because you need to enable iCloud and iCloud Drive for Cachly in iOS Settings. Once you do this you will see the option to mark as found. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×