Easy TB Dip

Saved by God's grace

Question

Howdy Nic,

One feature I'd love to have as an option in Cachly is a one-click TB visit option. I have several personal TBs I keep with me to rack up mileage, (plus I may have a few I've grabbed from other caches at any given time), and it would be awesome to have a button or switch to log all of them as having visited a cache from the logging screen, versus having to log each individually.

~Andrew

9 answers to this question

hm. correct, this works. But:In this case it would make sense to be able to hide some of the trackables in the list. Background: Some of my trackables are activated but will never leave my home because I have them for collecting purpose only.

So for "all visited" I would need the possibility to hide some of them.

On the other side: With the "automatic dip" feature for trackables with every (found-) Log, which was requested in another thread, the "hide/remove Trackable in the list"-feature would possibly be obsolete and would allow a fast and more easy way to dip-log trackables f.e. when being on a Powertrail..... 

@Fraslagu, there's a couple things you can do about this. One (probably the best in your case) is move the trackables to your collection on geocaching.com--this will totally hide them from view in logging on caches, but they'll remain active with your account. Alternatively, you can swipe left in Cachly on each one you don't want to log in a cache after you've used that bulk logging option, which will make it so that tb is not logged at all for that specific cache.

~Andrew

3 hours ago, Saved by God's grace said:

@Fraslagu, there's a couple things you can do about this. One (probably the best in your case) is move the trackables to your collection on geocaching.com--this will totally hide them from view in logging on caches, but they'll remain active with your account.

I would second that recommendation. 

On 1/28/2018 at 10:35 AM, Nic Hubbard said:

We do have this feature. When logging a cache, at the bottom of the log screen is a Trackables option. Once there you will see your available Trackables and you can tap the ... button to choose bulk logging options. 

I was searching for something like this, but what I would like is to make a 'template' where "found with CDV and ZKV" so I can dip both of my kids trackables, but not my entire inventory. I also noticed that the *|find_count|* does not seem to work in the trackable log field. I'll reserve my "ridiculous request of one button to mark as found with time and find number, and two trackables with their find number (or our find number with some math applied for an offset) and our find number" for a later date.

Loving the app after using for a few months. Thanks for putting it out there!

19 hours ago, jvsquared said:

I was searching for something like this, but what I would like is to make a 'template' where "found with CDV and ZKV" so I can dip both of my kids trackables, but not my entire inventory. I also noticed that the *|find_count|* does not seem to work in the trackable log field. I'll reserve my "ridiculous request of one button to mark as found with time and find number, and two trackables with their find number (or our find number with some math applied for an offset) and our find number" for a later date.

Loving the app after using for a few months. Thanks for putting it out there!

Do you are requesting a Dip List feature?

On 3/5/2018 at 11:40 AM, Nic Hubbard said:

Do you are requesting a Dip List feature?

I don't know what you mean by "dip list feature". That would be something like select a few TBs to default 'dip' with each found log? Yes that would be beneficial.

I think I see someone else asked in another thread, and it sounds like they said it better than I could, so I'll link to them.

And I see there you are saying this is in the next release, so I'll look forward to that. Thank you!