Multi-Cache Experience / Trackables

BAMBI11

Question

I am using Cachly some weeks and I have some feature request. At the moment I am not using cachly for multi caches. Why? 

Starting the navigation in cachly, the app shows just the actual cache on the map. It would be very helpful if Cachly would show the other caches around, too. When doing a multi-cache sometimes there are some other caches (traditionals or solves mysteries) on the way you can log in the meantime. So you don`t miss a cache and don't have to come back. 

It would be very helpful to have an additional waypoint button on the map, because at the moment you always have to switch back in the cache view and to waypoints and after you created the waypoint you have to navigate back to the map. That is too complicated and is frustrating. 

For multi-caches it is helpul to have an projection feature. In many cases you have to go for xxx meters in xxx degrees. 

There should be an option of "automatic log" of trackables in the preferences menu. I want to log all my trackables as "visit" in each cache. At the moment I have to do this manually. 

Thanks 

10 answers to this question

7 hours ago, BAMBI11 said:

1. Starting the navigation in cachly, the app shows just the actual cache on the map. It would be very helpful if Cachly would show the other caches around, too. When doing a multi-cache sometimes there are some other caches (traditionals or solves mysteries) on the way you can log in the meantime. So you don`t miss a cache and don't have to come back. 

Added this to our feature list. :)

2. It would be very helpful to have an additional waypoint button on the map, because at the moment you always have to switch back in the cache view and to waypoints and after you created the waypoint you have to navigate back to the map. That is too complicated and is frustrating. 

This is currently possible. Just long press on the map and it will drop a pin. Then tap the pin callout and choose "Create as Waypoint". You can also drag the pin to move it, or fine tune the coords in the create dialog.

3. For multi-caches it is helpul to have an projection feature. In many cases you have to go for xxx meters in xxx degrees. 

This is something we have had on our feature list for a while and hope to get it added very soon.

4. There should be an option of "automatic log" of trackables in the preferences menu. I want to log all my trackables as "visit" in each cache. At the moment I have to do this manually. 

Others have suggested this as well. So an automatic "dip" list?

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

This is currently possible. Just long press on the map and it will drop a pin. Then tap the pin callout and choose "Create as Waypoint". You can also drag the pin to move it, or fine tune the coords in the create dialog.

Oh! I didn't know that. This is what I was looking for ;-) This helps a lot.

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Others have suggested this as well. So an automatic "dip" list?

Yes, a "Dip" list, where it will be possible to choose the trackables...

Another thing I realized was, that if you Click on a waypoint the map shows just this single waypoint and don't show other waypoints in the list. 

How does Cachly manage the waypoints? Are the waypoints just saved in the App? Are the waypoints saved in the cloud? What happen with the waypoints I reinstall the App?

Thanks, Daniel

1 minute ago, BAMBI11 said:

How does Cachly manage the waypoints? Are the waypoints just saved in the App? Are the waypoints saved in the cloud? What happen with the waypoints I reinstall the App?

Waypoints are synced/saved to the geocaching.com API. So they will always be available no matter what device you are using or if you delete and reinstall Cachly. :)

7 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Waypoints are synced/saved to the geocaching.com API. So they will always be available no matter what device you are using or if you delete and reinstall Cachly. :)

Wow! This is a great feature. This did not work with my previous geocaching App;-) I already checked this feature with the official geocaching App and it shows the waypoints from Cachly. Great! However I can't find the waypoints on the geocaching website. Do you know where to find this?

18 minutes ago, BAMBI11 said:

However I can't find the waypoints on the geocaching website. Do you know where to find this?

One Waypoint that does show on geocaching.com is if you created a Waypoint with Corrected Coordinates. This will then show on geocaching.com that the caches coordinates have been corrected.