Sailaboat

Loading a GPX file distributed at an event

Hi there,

I will be attending an event tomorrow.  20 new caches, unpublished, which will be distributed via a GPX file.  What's the easiest/fastest way to get the caches loaded into Cachly?

Have them e-mail me, save to Dropbox, and then import?

Or is there a more "direct" route?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Sailaboat

The most direct route is email. When you open the email and see the attached .gpx (it can be a .zip too) just press and hold on it. A screen will pop up and will show different apps. Swipe this list to find Cachly somewhere in that list. Then tap Cachly. :)

How successful will Cachly be working with unpublished caches? Clearly doing actions like Found would be problematic. Ideally Cachly would let you do everything except upload any status changes to the cache, .e.g. everything would remain local to your device. Then when the caches publish, you could synch with the site.

23 hours ago, rragan said:

How successful will Cachly be working with unpublished caches? Clearly doing actions like Found would be problematic. Ideally Cachly would let you do everything except upload any status changes to the cache, .e.g. everything would remain local to your device. Then when the caches publish, you could synch with the site.

I have never been in a situation to test this, it should work to save as a Pending Log, then submit the log once the caches are live.

How can we manually enter lat/long of unpublished training caches located on private property?  These are used for initial training of Scouts working on Geocaching Merit Badges and obviously can't be published.