Show distant caches' waypoints on the map

CanUSeeIT

Question

I've always wanted to be able to see the waypoints that belong to another (possibly distant) cache on the map, when I'm looking at the area the waypoint is in, not just when I'm looking at that cache.

Here's an example. There's a cache in my area that has it's published coordinates "downtown", but it has published waypoints scattered all over the county, many miles apart. Last weekend I was caching in a park that had one of the waypoints, but of course I couldn't see it. I missed a TCO (Tree Climbing Opportunity).

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to say to the map "show me all the geocaching stuff in this park, caches and waypoints". Of course, this should include published waypoints as well as "user waypoints" I've added (while working on a large multi, for example)

I realize this would take a lot of churning through data to achieve, so I was thinking there could be a list I could designate as one that would include the "distant caches" I'd always want to see in this view.  

This feature would make my geocaching life complete.

3 answers to this question