ElectroQTed

Offline List - gear icon flashing

I'm trying Cachly again since it's been upgraded to V3. I'm currently using 3.0.2 (4). I prefer using offline lists and noticed something unusual. The gear icon keeps turning and flashing in the centre of the screen, whether I am in list view or map view. I believe this has something to do with "Re-sort caches for location updates" in settings. I have this toggled on because I like to have the offline list always showing the nearest cache at the top. I find the constant flashing of the gear icon annoying though. Coming from the Geosphere platform, I find this curious, as it never happened in that app. Is there a way to suppress it?

File 2017-07-17, 12 50 58 PM.png

I cannot replicate this issue and have never seen it happen before in the 5 months of 3.0 development. :( I have had two other users report this though. What device are you using and how large is your list?

32 minutes ago, MikeConnick said:

I'd be happy to sign up to be a beta user and test it if you have more beta slots available.

Sure. Just use the "Email Support" option in the more tab to request access.

I continue to have the issue after installing the beta. To confirm, the version number displayed shows 3.0.3 (4).

I downloaded a new pocket query, this one with 43 caches, and it's seen there are well as with a pocket query I had downloaded prior to installing the beta.

9 hours ago, MrGigabyte said:

I can confirm this is still happening in 3.0.3 (4)

Screen video capture...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwdhxve53rzfo8b/cachly.mov?dl=0

Alright, FINALLY replicated this after realizing it took both sorting by distance and the automatic re-sort option to be turned on. This has been fixed for sure in beta 5. Please confirm when released.