Owned and Needs Maintenance

rragan

For non-owned caches that need maintenance, the map icon is different and the  list entry shows a strikethrough. For my own cache which needs maintenance, there is no distinguishing from the map icon or the list entry that it is in this state.  I think they ought to be treated the same.  Geocache is GC5NX0M

2 hours ago, rragan said:

Got it. Would it be useful to have a small indicator on the map popup and the list entry flagging Needs Maintenance? It might alert me to try a different one when I'm in a hurry. 

I would only be able to do that if I loaded full caches and that NM log is one of the last 30 logs.

I just disabled my cache -- container gone. List now has a strike through. Map icon is unchanged. I guess the CO should know if their cache is disabled but if you can figure out some art to X out an owned disabled cache, things would be uniform.

Showing NM if in last 30 logs would likely be fine. If truly NM, there may be some DNFs but likely not 30 of them before the reviewer moves it to needs Archive or people just stop coming.