Friends have disappeared

RubyShoos

Previously, in '...More' I could see my friends. I added a new friend but could not see them (I now realise this is probably they had not authorised things their end).

Anyway, I went to 'Manage Authorisations' and although Cachly is still authorised, it has wiped all my friends off the list.

I have looked at previous questions about this on the forum and it seems that the ' Authorized Developer Authorizations ' has changed slightly - see screenshots.

I have tried signing out of Cachly and signing back in ('try switching it off and on again')

Is there a known fix for this?

Any help gratefully received :)

What is shown in previous questions asked on this subject

32462750_2023-09-0321_38_32.png.b4775000d2fa156bf99ad9b6d74c90b6.png

What is shown when I look at the 'Manage Authorisations' page:

565152754_2023-09-0321_49_15.thumb.png.31cfd0d6167ee2dce68ef2e225416e33.png

Thank you, Team DEMP. I have checked with a Friend, and they have looked at their settings. The only place there is anything about friends is under

>Settings >Privacy >User Privacy

My GC Friend has the checkbox below ticked, but I cannot see him as a friend on Cachly

1137644807_2023-09-0521_27_21.png.9e84c39e95ddfcc087905167513aecc1.png

Under Authorisations, there is no option to share data with friends (As shown in my first post).

I would really like to resolve this :-(

Cachly doesn't store any data and it's just displaying what the Geocaching site returns to it. Just as a "reboot" option, if you haven't tried, log out of the GC account within Cachly and then log back in to see if anything resets.  To log out, in Cachly, click "... More" in the bottom right of the screen and then on the next screen, click "..." in the top right where you will see a menu optom of Logout. You will be asked to confirm. After confirming, you will see the Login screen. Click to Login and then Agree, and you should be logged back in again. 

Did your friends magically re-appear? 

30 minutes ago, Team DEMP said:

Cachly doesn't store any data and it's just displaying what the Geocaching site returns to it. Just as a "reboot" option, if you haven't tried, log out of the GC account within Cachly and then log back in to see if anything resets.  To log out, in Cachly, click "... More" in the bottom right of the screen and then on the next screen, click "..." in the top right where you will see a menu optom of Logout. You will be asked to confirm. After confirming, you will see the Login screen. Click to Login and then Agree, and you should be logged back in again. 

Did your friends magically re-appear? 

Believe me, this is the first thing I tried (switch it off and on again). Just tried again - no cigar, but I will try your other option - thank you for the support

29 minutes ago, Team DEMP said:

I also sent a friends invitation to you from the website. If you accept, I can show you display as a Friend in Cachly. 

Just accepted your kind invitation. Pulled down on the Friends page in Cachly to refresh, and you did not appear, logged out and in again, you did not appear. Maybe a lag? But Friends on Cachly is still empty :-(

After I sent a request to you, you were displayed in Cachly on the Friends screen under Requests. it showed you as pending. 
After you posted here that you accepted the request, you no longer displayed under Requests BUT you have yet to show up on my Cachly Friends screen. I still have others listed there but you haven't shown up yet. You are showing as a Friend on the website as https://www.geocaching.com/my/myfriends.aspx .

I'll check with Nic (Cachly developer) to see if there is any debugging we can do at the request Cachly sends to & gets back from the Geocaching site. 

27 minutes ago, RubyShoos said:

Thank you so much for your support with this. I’m starting to think it’s a problem on the groundspeak end, but really appreciate your help to resolve it. 

It usually is on the HQ side when it comes to odd behavior around data that shows up, or in this case, disappears out of nowhere. 

• 4 weeks later...