PQ Download to a List

BAMBI11

Question

Hi, 

I would appreciate to add a function „delete list before download“ to the option menu of PQ download. 
Right now I have to navigate to the offline list to delete all Caches in the List before downloading the PQ. 
The background is, that if I do not delete the list first, all the „old“ and „found“ Caches are still in the list. I use the offline list to show me all not found Caches...

Thanks 

Daniel

8 answers to this question

Well, this would be possible. However this additional option would simplify the process. 

An example: I have a PQ named „Home“. In this PQ I have all existing not found and not archived Caches within a radius of 20km. This PQ will be created once a week (or more often).

Of course it would be possible to create a new list for the new PQ. But then I have to delete the old one, because I don’t want to have „old“ offline lists. 
Filtering the list would also be an option, but with the time many found and archived Caches would be part of the list. I would delete and create a new one. 

I think for a one time PQ it is easy to create a new list or filter the list. However, for a serial PQ ist would be easier to have the option to replace the list with a new PQ. 

4 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

If you have already saved the PQ as an offline list, you can use the "Update Caches" option to update the list. Does that help?

Hi - that was a fast response :)

I noticed the "update caches" option, but it only updates the cache data of all caches in the offline list. It would not notice if there are new caches in the PQ or some caches dropped out of the list (e.g. because they are archived or temporary unavailable). So it is about synching the cache IDs that are on the PQ as well. Or did I get the "update caches" option wrong?

Kind regards
Stefan

6 minutes ago, Bärenkatapult said:

Hi - that was a fast response :)

I noticed the "update caches" option, but it only updates the cache data of all caches in the offline list. It would not notice if there are new caches in the PQ or some caches dropped out of the list (e.g. because they are archived or temporary unavailable). So it is about synching the cache IDs that are on the PQ as well. Or did I get the "update caches" option wrong?

Kind regards
Stefan

Ah, ok, I understand now. 

No, there isn't a way to sync the PQ currently. I will look into adding an option to clear the list before importing/downloading the PQ again if this helps.