Patrick

Import GPX file

Hi,

since iOS 13 I am not able to import .gpx files. I know there was a bug in earlier versions of iOS. But it looks like that is fixed now. Apps like Guru Maps now support the .gpx import again.

Is this a known problem?

There seems to be an odd behavior in updating to iOS13 related to Cachly recognizing the GPX extension. The developer has reached out to Apple to see why iOS 13 breaks this connection where previous iOS upgrades were fine.

The situation resolves itself if you update Cachly AFTER you upgrade to iOS13 or an iOS13 patch such as 13.0.1 or 13.0.2.  If you haven't yet updated to the latest Cachly in the app store, doing so should re-create the link. If you update iOS13 (or a patch) later, it will likely break the connection to GPX again. 

This is strange... 

On my iPad it works now, but on the iPhone it again doesn’t. 
Both devices have the same iOS Version 13.1.2

If you need further information, feel free to get in contact. I am also an iOS developer. So I can provide you some detailed logs. 

For me, if you update Cachly AFTER an iOS13 upgrade (base or patch), the GPX option was there. If you upgraded iOS13 but have not installed a new version of Cachly, the option wasn't there for GPX. Have you updated Cachly after your most recent iOS 13 upgrade?

19 minutes ago, Patrick said:

5.2.10 doesn’t fix the import problem on my iPhone. 

Can you please use the work around to zip the GPX files? Apple has broken the GPX import for some users in iOS 13 and sadly we cannot guarantee a fix for everyone.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Can you please use the work around to zip the GPX files? Apple has broken the GPX import for some users in iOS 13 and sadly we cannot guarantee a fix for everyone.

Thanks it looks like this workaround works for me.

Looks like Apple broke this functionality for many apps. I didn't pick up on any solution in that thread. Every time someone claimed it was resolved, I'd expect updating to the next iOS patch or updating another installed app that uses the file extension (eg GPX) would cause the iOS bug to resurface. 

15 hours ago, Patrick said:

Don’t know if you know this thread:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/118932

But it looks very interesting. 

There isn't currently a solution to this. I have been working directly with an Apple engineer on the issue, and as mentioned in the above when multiple apps are registering for GPX files is when the bug occurs. He said there is no fix.

The one fix I do see in the thread is to allow Cachly to open ANY file type, which I am hesitant to do.

Hello I am new to this forum and I have just installed Cachly on my Iphone 8+. I also use GSAK for many years and I was very hopefull to see whether Cachly accepted a GPX file from my found caches data base in GSAK. So what I did was I imported this data file via Itunes to Cachly, but unfortunately Cachly didn't accepts the file.

See enclosed pictures. Any Idea what caused the problem?

GPX 2.PNG

GPX.PNG