Cache logging

ChrisDen

It should link off the Cache Details page since this is where the Log action is.  There is a red link to nowhere right now on that page. Note that there is a fair bit of logging related text on the Settings page: http://www.cach.ly/help/index.php/Settings

The functional structure tends to bury key pages like Cache Details and Logging. That's why I added Quick Links on the home page. Always a trade off between pure reference documentation vs. tutorial style. 

4 hours ago, rragan said:

Note that there is a fair bit of logging related text on the Settings page: http://www.cach.ly/help/index.php/Settings

Yep - saw that but I think the detail should be in the logging page as to the effect of each selection. The settings just makes one of the settings default. I see lots of cross linking.

42 minutes ago, rragan said:

Feel free to move the info from settings to a unified logging related page if you want. Certainly some of the stuff in settings is too detailed for where it is. 

I would prefer some explanation in each. Saves users running from one to the other.

Nic must tell us what he wants.

4 hours ago, rragan said:

Rereading the Settings section for logging, I do think the bulk of that all belongs in a page dedicated to Logging. A minimal presence on the Settings page saying in a sentence what it does and link to the Logging page feels right to me.

Agree except possibly for template set up. Should that not be in the settings section?