Pending Geocache Logs: incorrect count, lost entries

barefootguru

Hi, I save most of my log entries locally (Send Log Now is turned off).

Occasionally in the 3.x versions:

1. after (successfully) sending the logs to GS, Cachly still shows a number against Pending Geocache Logs and on the app badge.  Maybe only on bulk submission?
  2. if I continue creating local logs, these will often (always?) disappear into a black hole after a while… maybe after Cachly is relaunched?  And the count will then be correct.

Sorry for not having more details, but this is serious and has caught me a couple of times, so wanted to raise it now.

9 hours ago, barefootguru said:

after (successfully) sending the logs to GS, Cachly still shows a number against Pending Geocache Logs and on the app badge.  Maybe only on bulk submission?

Any this number does not go away?

10 hours ago, barefootguru said:

if I continue creating local logs, these will often (always?) disappear into a black hole after a while… maybe after Cachly is relaunched?  And the count will then be correct.

I haven't ever seen this issue. How often are you able to reproduce it?

I think the number only goes away when Cachly is restarted, at which point it seems to correct itself but also delete any new logs created in the meantime.

It's happened 3 times… it may be related to a log which wouldn't send — a Found against an Event, or poor cellular service.

I've been submitting individual logs and Cachly has been fine.  I'll do that for a bit longer and maybe risk a bulk submission again B)

I log the same way even if I have a good signal while out caching. I batch upload the logs once I'm home on wifi, but I've not experienced the issue. Yesterday I had 22 logs, some with pictures and it worked as expected. 

If I have more than 5 or 6, I export the txt file and mail it to myself as a backup. I've never needed it but I did that as a precaution when the functionality was first released in beta and just continued.

I hope the cause gets identified for you. 

• 1 month later...