Distance to cache location

ciarmer

I've encountered some odd behavior that might be a bug so I thought I'd ask the question here.

Best way to report this is to just provide the steps leading to the issue:

1. Download a pocket query and display the query in list mode, sorted by ascending distance.

2. Click on a cache, then click on the field showing the coordinates and distance.

3. Coordinates change from standard DD MM.SSS to decimal degree format (very convenient).

4. go back to list.

5. Click on any cache and look at the coordinates and distance to cache on the cache details page. Coordinates seem correct - distance is shown as 0 ft. for every cache.

This doesn't appear to affect distance sorting in the list or navigation to the cache. Only seems to affect the display of distance on the cache details page.

6 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Strange, I cannot replicate this. Does this happen every time?

Yes. Very strange...... Because I can't replicate it either. Next time it happens, I'll try to identify the circumstances. Hopefully, I wasn't imagining it...!

Seems like Bolling was able to replicate it with the current Beta version?

• 2 weeks later...

Using Cachly on the trail for the first time today, I encountered issues with sorting the offline caches by distance. I was on a rail trail doing part of a power trail. As I walked from cache to cache, I went to the List View and re-sorted by distance. Sometimes the closest cache was at the top of the list, but mostly it was a mix of nearby caches. The only way I could get it to sort accurately, was to close the app, reopen it, and sort again. 

1 hour ago, ElectroQTed said:

Using Cachly on the trail for the first time today, I encountered issues with sorting the offline caches by distance. I was on a rail trail doing part of a power trail. As I walked from cache to cache, I went to the List View and re-sorted by distance. Sometimes the closest cache was at the top of the list, but mostly it was a mix of nearby caches. The only way I could get it to sort accurately, was to close the app, reopen it, and sort again. 

This is something that we are working on fixing. Basically we need to be updating the entire list for each GPS update we get. However, if it is a massive list this might have some performance ramifications, so we are working through this.