Restoring a Backup

forest-ghost

I created a backup in cachly hoping to save all my offline lists. Then I deleted cachly and re-installed the app. So then I went to import the backup I created into cachly following the directions here. But I discovered that when you create a backup inside the app, it doesn't create a Cachly.sqlite. It only creates a .gpx file. I had 66 offline lists and probably around a thousand waypoints of various areas I have scouted over the past couple years. Is there no way to important these all as a backup into the app?

3 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Creating a backup inside the app is just for GPX files. The docs describe how to backup the database.

Did you backup the database file? Was there a specific reason why you deleted Cachly?

I was able to figure out how to add the lists back in one at a time. So will be more careful about using iTunes in the future. I did not back up the database through iTunes because I thought I was backing up the data base through the app because the message says “create backup.”

I find this label confusing. It would be nice maybe to have a note or something detailing that the backup is only for .gpx files. Or did I miss that? 

I deleted cachly because whenever there is a big update to an app, I find sometimes not all features load properly unless the app is removed and re-installed. I was trying to see if my other issue with the topo maps was related to this. 

As a side note, I just want to say thank you for all the updates and for the fantastic app. I absolutely love cachly and hope I didn’t come off as too grumpy in my post. I pretty much exclusively stick with the iPhone because I don’t want to use any other geocaching app. 

2 hours ago, forest-ghost said:

As a side note, I just want to say thank you for all the updates and for the fantastic app. I absolutely love cachly and hope I didn’t come off as too grumpy in my post. I pretty much exclusively stick with the iPhone because I don’t want to use any other geocaching app. 

No worries. There are some bugs that have arisen that we didn't catch in development, but I am working hard to get these fixed in 8.0.2.

15 hours ago, forest-ghost said:

I find this label confusing. It would be nice maybe to have a note or something detailing that the backup is only for .gpx files. Or did I miss that? 

It should probably read something like “Offline Lists Backups”.