Comic Sans

Beardman75

• 4 weeks later...

I just read all the new topics and see there's a lack of response here. So I found a cache in GSAK with the font Comic Sans, more precisely Comic Sans MS. In Cachly, my listing of GC69MVN shows up legibly, so I guess that's not a good example …

I had another one, but there the owner changed the font to Courier after our log that Comic Sans is very hard to read ;)

5 hours ago, ivans said:

I just read all the new topics and see there's a lack of response here.

It was Christmas time, so I have been trying to take some vacation.

When you use the editor on geocaching.com and set Comic Sans MS, it uses the style "font-family:Comic Sans MS,cursive;" This means that on iOS, which doesn't have Comic Sans MS it will fallback to a cursive font. This is just a style issue, and nothing really caused by Cachly. 

For testing, I changed one of my caches to have some text in Comic Sans MS. See GC9E7CJ.

That being said, I made a fix in Cachly for 8.0 that will force all fonts to be sans-serif when in the "Text" tab. That will make sure all text is readable in this tab, but if you want to see original fonts you can view the "Web" tab.

• 1 month later...

Not sure how I missed the replies on this. This is still a big issue for me. A lot of COs seem to like Comic Sans MS with cursive as a fallback for some reason. Comic Sans MS doesn't exist in iOS and the cursive is completely unreadable in Cachly for me. It appears the same in Text and Web view. I generally have to try to read the code or copy and paste the entire description into my notes so I can read it. An example of this is GCA6ERD. I would love a solution or workaround for this

On 1/2/2024 at 9:26 PM, ivans said:

In Cachly, my listing of GC69MVN shows up legibly, so I guess that's not a good example …

I guess the issue is with Cursive, rather than Comic Sans. That cache doesn't list cursive as a fallback so does what Nic said above