Importing From Dropbox

hopper123

Trying to import a gpx file of my solved caches from GSAK.  I put the 60mb file in Dropbox, tap the 'import from Dropbox' menu in Cachly, Cachly tells me it's creating a link then I get 'downloading' notification and then Cachly page changes to 'Import GPX' page.  This is the point I'm having problems with because as far as I can tell there is nothing I'm able to do.  If I click the 'Choose Offline List' button there is nothing there to import.  If Cachly has downloaded the file then where is it and how do I get it to display?

Thanks

4 hours ago, hopper123 said:

If I click the 'Choose Offline List' button there is nothing there to import.  If Cachly has downloaded the file then where is it and how do I get it to display?

You need to either select an offline list from the ones listed (assuming you have one or more) OR you hit the "+" button, enter a new list name, Save, then select that list, and finally, hit Import on the Import GPX page.

BTW: How is it possible to have 60 MB  GPX file of just solved caches.  I have 3000 caches including ALL my unfound caches and it is only 30 MB.  So I assume you have 6000 solved puzzles. If that is the case, I could use your help on a few dozen around here!  :-)

I've tried that already.  After creating a new 'saved' file the only thing I'm able to do with it is either delete it or rename it.  No amount of tapping or swiping gets me to the Import GPX page.

BTW, I checked and my file only contains around 3900 caches but is indeed 60Mb.  It was created in GSAK using file->export->GPX/GGZ/LOC.  Not sure if this makes any difference but I'm using a iPhone 6+ version 11.2.1 and Cachly version 3.1.