Find count wrong in draft logs

BethKatzPA

I think there is a bug with the log template, find_count variable, and drafts. My default log text to be filled in when I'm on my computer is

# *|find_count|*. TFTC

I've been saving as draft and sending immediately. Today, I had decent cel service while caching and just did a find, send as draft, and send now. The screenshot from the draft page online shows the caches I found in the correct order with newest on top. I have completed logs on 2105 caches. So the first log for today (at the bottom) has the correct find number of #2106. However, it was raining, and before the fifth cache, I had to reboot my phone. Apparently Cachly did not have the info that I had sent four previous cache finds as drafts. The topmost cache also has #2106 as its find number. In addition, sitting at home, if I go to a cache listing, start to log it, preview the log, it also says that it will be #2106. I thought the find count used to work flawlessly.

CachlyNumbering.jpg

Once you submit a draft Cachly it is hard to keep track of things. Imagine if you had submitted all those finds as drafts to geocaching.com, then deleted 3 of them. Cachly wouldn't have any way of knowing this, or how to "update" the find count keyword. It would only be able to have a best guess at this point since draft activity online does not get communicated to Cachly.

However if you save all your logs as Pending Logs in Cachly or send them right away then you will have correct find counts.