idea for capturing links in groundspeak emails and texts

dukeofurl

I'd really like it if links from the groundspeak emails and txts would open in cachly by default, but I know that isn't possible because groundspeak owns the coord.info domain, but I was thinking that isn't that just a MIME type setting, and can't those be changed?  Or alternately, can't a request to coord.info be intercepted and altered?

This cannot be changed. Domains that are tied to apps have a small XML file that the server hosts. When an app says that it wants to open URLs in the app instead of the browser, iOS checks that the domain has the special file, and that the app has a special file that ties the two together and shows that that app is the owner. We cannot overwrite this.

Even if we could I would not feel right about doing so. The ethics of doing that, however convenient, isn't something I would want to do.

Hopefully iOS will someday allow the option to choose which app you want to open it in. :)