Check sum for Multis

RubyShoos

Question

Hi Nick

I'm very excited about the prospect of Cachly 8.0 and what it might bring! It sounds like features are set for this update, but even so, I thought I would throw a pretty minor and unimportant feature request out there.

A lot of UK multis have a check sum to check the coordinates, so if the newly calculated coordinates were N51 12.918 W000 01.553, the check sum would be 41 (5+1+1+2+9+1+8+1+5+5+3=41)

It's a quick and easy calculation, but I don't know how easy it would be to include this feature built in. I've had a think about where it might fit... I always do all my multi workings in the Personal Note, then just click on the resulting coordinates to Set as Corrected Coordinates. Would it be possible to display the Check Sum at or near the top of the list when you click on coordinates stored in this section (above Create Waypoint), either next to, or underneath, the new coordinates. I have included a screenshot of a Personal Note to hopefully explain this better!

Anyway, as I say, it's not a biggie, but just thought it would be a nice touch if it's easy enough to code.

Thanks, RubyShoos

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 18.03.16 (002).jpeg

1 answer to this question