Cachly GPX export won't import into Cachly

brudderman

I recently exported  an offline list from my Cachly and sent it to another cacher via Airdrop, but the list failed to import due to an error at a certain line. Once I got home I tried the same export from iPhone to iPad and got the same error. Then I looked at the GPX file in a text editor and did notice an odd character at the specified line. When I deleted that particular cache (whose XML contained  the character) from the list and exported again, all went as it should. Then when I exporting only the misbehaving cache from my iPhone to Cachly on my iPad, the same error occurred. And sure enough, I could observe the same odd character at the specified line.

Here's the error message that I received (screenshot attached), and I have emailed the associated GPX file for GC1GOEO to your support. 

Error in GPX File for GC1GOEO
Parsing was terminated with message:
PCDATA invalid Char value 5
Line: 52
Column: 1

Thanks!

James

IMG_5455.jpg

3 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

What version of Cachly are you using

I'm using Cachly version 7.0.5 ( iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.1.1). The characters definitely aren't being removed for me. If there's something I need to to do help narrow down the issue, let me know. On the other hand, it's not a "deal breaker" since this is the only time this has happened in the many exports I have done.

Thanks!

James

On 11/26/2021 at 3:02 PM, brudderman said:

I'm using Cachly version 7.0.5 ( iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.1.1). The characters definitely aren't being removed for me. If there's something I need to to do help narrow down the issue, let me know. On the other hand, it's not a "deal breaker" since this is the only time this has happened in the many exports I have done.

Thanks!

James

Try deleting that cache from all offline lists, then search for that GC and add it again to the list. Then export and let me know if you still have the issue.

On 11/28/2021 at 6:07 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Try deleting that cache from all offline lists, then search for that GC and add it again to the list. Then export and let me know if you still have the issue.

Ive done this, and the results remain the same. Here is the procedure that I used:

1. Deleted the Test list from the iPad 
  2. Exported the Test list (which doesn't contain the misbehaving cache) from iPhone to the iPad via AirDrop where I created a new, empty Test list and imported. All 14 imported perfectly.
  3. Deleted Test from iPad.
  4. Went to Live view on the iPhone, located the troublesome cache and added to the Test list.
  5. Exported the Test list (now containing 15 caches including the  misbehaving one) from iPhone to the iPad via AirDrop where I created a new, empty Test list and and attempted to import the 15 caches. I got the same error of an incorrect character, which terminated the import.

Let me know if there's anything else I need to door information I can supply..

Thanks for working on this!

• 1 month later...