Stop Cachly from zooming in when i set it to track my movement.

frso80

Question

One thing that I personally found out was quite annoying is that when I've zoomed in on the map to show as much as I want and then pushes the arrow for tracking me the map centers to my location and zooms in a lot. I would rather have it to center my location on the map without zooming in or out.

One place where this is extremely annoying is when I'm in my car driving and have moved the map around and then pushes the arrow so it starts to track my movement and zooms in, it's quite hard to zoom back out again while I'm moving around on the map.  So turning off the tracking and setting the right zoom level and then turning the tracking on again would be awesome.

5 answers to this question

I agree there is room for improvement. I will look at past a certain zoom level, only center the map and don't zoom in. Meaning, if you are looking at the whole world, tapping the location button would zoom and center. But, if you have already manually zoomed in to a certain level, Cachly would honor that level and just center the map.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:33 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

I agree there is room for improvement. I will look at past a certain zoom level, only center the map and don't zoom in. Meaning, if you are looking at the whole world, tapping the location button would zoom and center. But, if you have already manually zoomed in to a certain level, Cachly would honor that level and just center the map.

And this zoom level can be configured? Because different users willl probably have different ideas regarding the zoom level that should be the threshold between "preserve zoom level" and "zoom in".

8 hours ago, DrDaffy said:

And this zoom level can be configured? Because different users willl probably have different ideas regarding the zoom level that should be the threshold between "preserve zoom level" and "zoom in".

No, there comes a point when too much user configuration just make an app confusing. Cachly needs to be a mix of intuitive and easy to use while being powerful.

2 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

No, there comes a point when too much user configuration just make an app confusing. Cachly needs to be a mix of intuitive and easy to use while being powerful.

Good point. I am optimistic that you will find the good mix.