Offline List

gjhimages

Question

I have been using Cachly since about May 1 and have been very happy with the app.  Sooooooooooooo much better then the official Geocache app and the Classic app.

For the Offline List is it possible to have these enhancements sometime in the future:

1) Sort the Offline list.  The individual folders be able to slide to the desired position.

2) Update one of the folders in the list. i.e Solved Puzzles (all caches inside the specific folder).  When I have over 200 in a folder it takes some time to do each one individually. 

3) Export the list as a GPX file or something that can be saved from iPhone to iPad, GPS or make a bookmark on Geocaching.com.  I have been placing my solved puzzles (>200) from the Classic Geocache app to Cochly one-by-one!  Even if I place them into a booklist I would have to place them one-by-one. 

4) How to rename each folder. I have two folders with the same name, where one was imported as a booklist and the other was started from within Cachly. 

Again this is the best geocache app that I have viewed or used.   

Thanks for making this fantastic app.

gjhimages

3 answers to this question

Further to this topic (as I couldn't create a new one)

I think this thread, and the one requesting consolidation of lists are both good ideas. I have only recently started using cachly and it is by far superior to the official apps.

I'd like to see some expansion to the options available with offline lists.

(a) The ability to set up "groups". With the ability to manually add caches, as well as import GPX files and pocket queries into these groups.

(B) Import gpx/PQ into said groups.

I currently run 12 PQ that cover all caches in Western Australia. They are setup by date order so the first 11 I update every so often, and the 12th I update daily (to pick up new publishings). Each morning, I update that PQ into my existing Geocaching app. This way, I have all caches on my phone in an offline state. And can basically cache anywhere at anytime without too much prep.

Also, It would be great to have a waypoint averaging ability and the function of manually adding a geocache to a list. This would be a great tool for placing geocaches (along with the 161m radius)

Breht (Kyzabra)

Further to this topic (as I couldn't create a new one)

I think this thread, and the one requesting consolidation of lists are both good ideas. I have only recently started using cachly and it is by far superior to the official apps.

I'd like to see some expansion to the options available with offline lists.

(a) The ability to set up "groups". With the ability to manually add caches, as well as import GPX files and pocket queries into these groups.

( B) Import gpx/PQ into said groups.

I currently run 12 PQ that cover all caches in Western Australia. They are setup by date order so the first 11 I update every so often, and the 12th I update daily (to pick up new publishings). Each morning, I update that PQ into my existing Geocaching app. This way, I have all caches on my phone in an offline state. And can basically cache anywhere at anytime without too much prep.

Also, It would be great to have a waypoint averaging ability and the function of manually adding a geocache to a list. This would be a great tool for placing geocaches (along with the 161m radius)

Breht (Kyzabra)

As for not being able to create a new topic. Did you get the email from the forums and follow the link to activate your account?

For Cachly groups, this is what Offline Lists are for. You can create them, manually add caches to them. But, like you said importing and adding PQ's to these groups would be a great feature. I will get that added to our feature list.

To manually add add a cache to a list, go to the cache details, then tap the ... button and choose the option to add to an offline list.