The_C4

Proximity alert (beep)?

Does cachly come with a proximity alert? Would be nice to get notified within 20 or so feet - comes handy when picking up caches along a trail so you can actually enjoy your walk vs constantly checking the app. 

On 4/3/2017 at 6:22 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Cachly doesn't support this right now. We haven't yet implemented this because it would require background location updates which take more battery.

We have this on our list for adding in the future. :)

Well that's "Six vs Half-a-dozen", no? I either look at the screen and it updates as I go or I have it tracked in background when its in my pocket.  Have it disabled by default and maybe only activated on-demand (e.g. A button on cache page - "enable proximity alert") for given cache in addition to general On/Off in settings? 

12 minutes ago, The_C4 said:

Well that's "Six vs Half-a-dozen", no? I either look at the screen and it updates as I go or I have it tracked in background when its in my pocket.  Have it disabled by default and maybe only activated on-demand (e.g. A button on cache page - "enable proximity alert") for given cache in addition to general On/Off in settings? 

Yes, it would for sure be a user option to turn this on or off. Hoping to add this to an upcoming version.

There used to be a great app called NEXT CACHE which have push notifications as you approached a cache. It relied on you importing a PQ to the app and it then have you a push notification to your phone when you came near to ANY of those caches. I loved the app but unfortunately it recieved no updates now and will soon be pulled from the store because of this. It was a great feature to have a PQ with push notifications but even better would be live notifications for near caches 'literally never miss a nearby cache'. 

8 minutes ago, SurfaBoy said:

There used to be a great app called NEXT CACHE which have push notifications as you approached a cache. It relied on you importing a PQ to the app and it then have you a push notification to your phone when you came near to ANY of those caches. I loved the app but unfortunately it recieved no updates now and will soon be pulled from the store because of this. It was a great feature to have a PQ with push notifications but even better would be live notifications for near caches 'literally never miss a nearby cache'. 

When we do implement this it would be Local Notifications. But this is for sure something I want to get added.