'Tap to load the full version' issue?

woody147

Hi - first post here - well done with the app, looks great I switched after becoming frustrated with the official app - I only used it very infrequently and don't feel I should be paying £25 a year or whatever it is - the three downloads per day suits me fine - BUT - playing around with Cachly today - I've found that after downloading a caches full details, it doesn't seem to take very much, maybe looking at a different cache, doing something else within the app - when I then go back to the cache I downloaded the details for a minute ago, it's now gone, and I need to use my 'three per day' limit to download it again?

• 1 month later...

Hi Nic - very strange - I tested the app again just before my last post and was still getting the same issue of disappearing cache details once I'd downloaded them - testing again and it now seems to work ok! Am assuming you haven't bug fixed anything there so not sure what the cause was - could something have been fixed by groundspeak in their API?

Cheers,

AW

3 minutes ago, woody147 said:

Am assuming you haven't bug fixed anything there so not sure what the cause was - could something have been fixed by groundspeak in their API?

No, we haven't fixed anything pertaining to this issue, and it wouldn't be a Groundspeak thing. Strange! Maybe it would an obscure bug, let me know if you see it happen again. :)

Are the caches getting 'lost' when you leave Cachly and go to the home screen or another app?

If your device is short of memory then iOS will unload Cachly, so any caching will be lost.  You can tell if this has happened because Cachly will flash the splash/welcome/'Cachly' screen when you go back in.