Repeated crashing

Diadem

Hello,

Firstly, I will say that I have been using Cachly for some months now and have never regretted switching to it.

However, after the last update I've been plagued with repeated crashes. I have been using locally saved lists and off-line maps for the past few weeks and have noticed that the app crashes often. In one afternoon if crashed 6 or 7 times. It all comes back up when I restart, but it takes time to reload the off-line lists. The one thing I have noticed is that every time I restart it gives me an error message about not being connected to the internet (I turn off mobile data when overseas).

I've noticed it crash when navigating to a cache. And I noticed the post about this being a known issue. But I've also noticed it crash at other times. For example, I'll switch to the camera to take a photo and it crashed when I return to Cachly. At other times it will crash when I open a cache listing. I cannot see any pattern. I had a lot of saved lists and many off-line maps and wondered if it was memory thing. I deleted maps and lists as I no longer needed them, but I've not noticed that this helps.

I'm using iPhone 5 running iOS 9,3 if that has any impact on known issues.

The other things I've noticed is that to takes ages (or about 30 seconds or more really) to save a log and return to the cache listing). I've also noticed that the off-line map rendering is slower than I recall downloading maps live - I would have expected quicker rendering.

Any suggestions would be well taken.

Thank,
Diadem

Thanks for the quick reply. Reinstalling will not be an option until I return home. While the crashes can be annoying, I would rather that than risk losing more when I have only a short time left in my current travels. I will consider deleting and reinstalling then.  GC know me by the same handle.

I've been resisting upgrading by device, but it looks like I have another reason :-).

About map rendering, I notice that Cachly re-renders when returning to a map view (i.e. back from a cache listing to the map of nearby caches). I had wondered why Cachly didn't retain and reuse the rendered tiles as I haven't moved in the 30secs since I left the map view.

Thanks
Diadem

Are you on 2.0.2?

8 hours ago, Diadem said:

About map rendering, I notice that Cachly re-renders when returning to a map view (i.e. back from a cache listing to the map of nearby caches). I had wondered why Cachly didn't retain and reuse the rendered tiles as I haven't moved in the 30secs since I left the map view.

Tile caching is enabled. Are you seeing the issue when you move from one offline map to another? (Such as from an offline list map to the navigate map inside of a cache?)

Sorry I haven't got back on this subject.

I upgraded to 2.0.2 as soon as I saw your post of 10 Jan. I then spent a few days in Paris and Cachly performed flawlessly. 

It also occurred to me later that I only recall the crashing most problematic while in Amsterdam (it feels so long ago now that my memory may be less than reliable though), using the Netherlands off-line map. Which also reminds me that Cachly reported the All Germany map would not download due to missing files - I downloaded each state separately

Thanks for your advice. I consider this issue resolved for me.

Regards
Stephen