What am I looking forward to?

ivans

The following issues might disappear in some future version of Cachly:

1. After updating saved caches, the images downloaded via GPX file disappear, replaced by gray placeholders with the original description. It’s amusing to see a gray square with the text “spoiler” ;) 

2. When the Highlight Color filter is enabled, highlighted caches vanish from the map after updating them. However, upon opening any such cache, the highlighted sidebar remains. Reapplying the cache highlight color is necessary, even if it’s the same color as in the sidebar. Another option is existing and useful bulk recovery via Manual Sync in the Settings.

3. I use field notes, accidentally marked the cache as found, no sync with the website. I can't get rid of the mark that the cache was found. I tried deleting the cache from Cachly and then re-uploading it from the site - strangely it was again marked as found in Cachly.

Thanks for this great app.

2 hours ago, ivans said:

After updating saved caches, the images downloaded via GPX file disappear, replaced by gray placeholders with the original description. It’s amusing to see a gray square with the text “spoiler”

Can you send me a test GPX to our support email?

When the Highlight Color filter is enabled, highlighted caches vanish from the map after updating them. However, upon opening any such cache, the highlighted sidebar remains. Reapplying the cache highlight color is necessary, even if it’s the same color as in the sidebar. Another option is existing and useful bulk recovery via Manual Sync in the Settings.

I tested in an offline list and can't replicate. Can you show a screen video or exact steps and screens to replicate?

I use field notes, accidentally marked the cache as found, no sync with the website. I can't get rid of the mark that the cache was found. I tried deleting the cache from Cachly and then re-uploading it from the site - strangely it was again marked as found in Cachly.

Use the Clear All Checkmarks option in Settings. This will remove that.

My workflow re grey placeholders:

1. In GSAK: Database/Grab Images
2. In GSAK: File / Export / GPX
3. File Test1.gpx moved to Dropbox
4. In Cachly: Import GPX, Import from Dropbox, Options Save Images, Import
5. Printscreen of map with cache
6. cache opened, Images - 5 visible
7. back to map, three dots, Update caches, Visible, Full Cache Data
8. Four pictures still visible, instead of fifth image is placeholder and added other placeholders 
(btw Mobile Data are On in the iPhone and LTE coverage is great)
Mostly I do have after this process place holders instead of ALL images.

Images uploaded, gpx file is not supported, so look at the e-mail.

IMG_5987.png

IMG_5989.png

IMG_5986.png

IMG_5984.png

IMG_5985.png

Thanks for sending the file. 

I didn't have any issues. I imported it, chose to download images and they all showed when viewing the cache.

Next, I chose to tap the ... on the maps screen, update caches with full data. Then I used the Download Cache images option to download images for all caches.

Now viewing the cache images I see 17 fully loaded offline images.

If I missed something can you explain? 

You used the Download Cache Images function. Does this mean that the Update cache with full data does not download images?
Anyway, I do not understand why images in Cachly are replaced by placeholders during update cache with full data. 

3 hours ago, ivans said:

Anyway, I do not understand why images in Cachly are replaced by placeholders during update cache with full data. 

I am not seeing any images being replaced when you do a full data update. Cachly adds additional photos that are grey and then you need to download the image files.

6 hours ago, ivans said:

Am I understanding correctly that the “Update Caches / .. / Full Cache Data” command means full cache data excluding images?

Full cache data means it will include image data from 30 images from each geocache. Image data means the image comment and the URL of the image. It does not mean it is downloading the image. That is why there is an additional Download Images option.

The reason this is separate is that if a user updated an offline list with 1000 caches, it is possible there could be 5,000-10,000 photos, which is huge.