AlphaSteff

Map download: SSL error

When I try to download offline maps or additional offline maps, an "SSL error" appears.

• Cachly version number: 6.1.11 (3)
  • iOS version: 14.4
  • Device that you are using: 12.3
  • If you are a Regular or Premium user of geocaching.com: Premium

IMG_7261.jpg

We aren’t able to replicate the issue here, so trying to figure out if this is an issue with Germany data centers or something. I had some reports from other German users, but some don’t have the issue. Will keep digging. 

5 hours ago, AlphaSteff said:

For completeness, I live in Switzerland.

The website and the forum are also difficult to access at times.

This is very strange, we haven't ever had this reported before. We also have beta testers in Switzerland, and they haven't ever had any issues.

Are you able to test downloading offline maps on another wifi network, just as a test?

Since it has now worked again, I can actually exclude my WLAN. Mobile data wouldn't work either!

But I don't think that it will be resolved in the long term. Because access to the forum is still not very reliable.

I use the largest provider in Switzerland for landline and mobile (indirect). The only thing I could explain to myself if Swisscom had a problem in general. But I can hardly imagine that.

Since I now have the maps, it's OK for me. If I'm in a different WLAN, with a different provider, then I can try. But that could take a while.

I have the same issue on both of our iPhone's independent if we try via WIFI or mobile account.

We use Cachly 6.1.11(3) and additionally I logged out and again in the geocaching link,

IMG_B7120E9A9465-1.jpeg

1 hour ago, rmus said:

I have the same issue on both of our iPhone's independent if we try via WIFI or mobile account.

We use Cachly 6.1.11(3) and additionally I logged out and again in the geocaching link,

What country are you located in?

3 minutes ago, rmus said:

Yes we are swisscom, both mobile and fixed line.

For whatever reason, it seems that users on Swisscom are having this issue, and no one else. If possible, would you be able to test on wifi that isn't on Swisscom?

I will see about contacting them.