TheWinterTrio

HTML <br/> support in log entries?

Hi,   I am trying to get line feeds to be recognized in the cache logs for offline caches I import from GSAK.   I import a GSAK created "log" with the caches and it contains <br/> tags to break up the list of database fields I want to see.   I've also tried <p> </p>, but they still appear to be stripped out of the log text...

This is an example of the "created" log I export with the cache....

Placed: %datepl %custom_PlacedDateChallenge<BR/>Favorites: %caches_FavPoints<BR/>County: %custom_CountyChallenge <BR/>Delorem: %User <BR/>WaTG: %User2 <BR/>WaCities: %custom_WaCitiesChall <BR/>Chall: %custom_Jasmer %custom_Fizzy %custom_SnoCoHistory %custom_COTM %custom_Oldie%custom_Faves100<BR/>FBF:%custom_FoundByFriend<BR/>DNF:%custom_DNF_Date<BR/>Reviewer: %custom_Reviewer

Would it be possible to honor the <br/> tags, or is there another mechanism I can use to get line feeds? (some other ESC character?)

Thanks.

-Stephen

9 hours ago, barefootguru said:

I tested this with a cache where there were newlines in a log entry… the GPX just has LF characters (0x0A).

I’m puzzled about what all that info is doing in your log entries?!

I create the log in GSAK so I can have some extra fields (challenges, PAF and other info) that are not included in a normal GPX file available in the field...

And just to be clear...  I don't see the "<BR/>" in the log as displayed in Cachly, it appears to ignore them and all the fields run together.

5 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Can you send me the GPX? Just use the Email Support option in Cachly.

I sent an email directly from my phone using the support option in the app.   Does the Diag info include the GPX, or do I need to attach it separately somehow?

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, TheWinterTrio said:

I sent an email directly from my phone using the support option in the app.   Does the Diag info include the GPX, or do I need to attach it separately somehow?

Thanks!

No, that wouldn’t automatically include the GPX. You can send to support@cach.ly. Thanks!

1 hour ago, TheWinterTrio said:

And just to be clear...  I don't see the "<BR/>" in the log as displayed in Cachly, it appears to ignore them and all the fields run together.

I was suggesting using LF characters (0x0A) instead of <br/>, as that's the norm for GPX files, and Cachly will honour the line breaks.

20 minutes ago, barefootguru said:

I was suggesting using LF characters (0x0A) instead of <br/>, as that's the norm for GPX files, and Cachly will honour the line breaks.

Can you post a snippet of the GPX file where you see the 0x0A?  I don't see that in any of the GPX files I pulled from GC.com. 

I just hit the GPX file button for GC3PKD6, and checked a hex dump of the latest log entry (by bruzie).

<groundspeak:log id="754128042">
          <groundspeak:date>2018-03-27T19:00:00Z</groundspeak:date>
          <groundspeak:type>Found it</groundspeak:type>
          <groundspeak:finder id="6636635">bruzie</groundspeak:finder>
          <groundspeak:text encoded="False">A big day over in the Wairarapa today, picking up a few A-Z caches and as many 2:2 caches as I could, plus attempting to clear the Planetary Pursuit challenge in one day.

This was the reason for heading up this road, my second-to-last find on the level 2 caches. The cache was a quick find and still nice and safe. Now to carry on up the road a little bit further. TFTC</groundspeak:text>
        </groundspeak:log>

4 minutes ago, barefootguru said:

I just hit the GPX file button for GC3PKD6, and checked a hex dump of the latest log entry (by bruzie).

<groundspeak:log id="754128042">
          <groundspeak:date>2018-03-27T19:00:00Z</groundspeak:date>
          <groundspeak:type>Found it</groundspeak:type>
          <groundspeak:finder id="6636635">bruzie</groundspeak:finder>
          <groundspeak:text encoded="False">A big day over in the Wairarapa today, picking up a few A-Z caches and as many 2:2 caches as I could, plus attempting to clear the Planetary Pursuit challenge in one day.

This was the reason for heading up this road, my second-to-last find on the level 2 caches. The cache was a quick find and still nice and safe. Now to carry on up the road a little bit further. TFTC</groundspeak:text>
        </groundspeak:log>

Thanks...  So it doesn't put in a visible escape code or anything like that.  I'll have to see if GSAK can embed this sort of line feed in the text string.   When I manually edit the GPX in notepad and add a couple line feeds in the right spots, it is still not interpreted by Cachly as line feeds, so notepad must encode it a bit differently than GC.com...