Zoom in/out with using just one hand.

frso80

Question

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, frso80 said:

I recently found out that you are able so zoom in/out using one hand/thumb in Apple Maps. To do this you double tap somewhere on the map and then move your thumb up and down. This feature would be awesome in Cachly.

Even though this works in the stand alone Apple Maps app, iOS does not provide a way to do this when those maps are included in apps like Cachly.

However, our Premium Offline Maps and Google Maps do offer this way of zooming in.

Hopefully iOS will change this in the future.

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Even though this works in the stand alone Apple Maps app, iOS does not provide a way to do this when those maps are included in apps like Cachly.

However, our Premium Offline Maps and Google Maps do offer this way of zooming in.

Hopefully iOS will change this in the future.

Oh, I see. So this feature cant be done on custom tile-maps?

12 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

No, not currently as that still uses the Apple provided map framework. It would take a lot of touch gesture hacking of that map, which isn't a good idea.

I see. The feature is still good though. Hope Apple releases this in their framework. Thank you for your answers.

15 hours ago, frso80 said:

Would it be possible to add two icons on the map an + and - so you can zoom in/out by clicking them? 

No, this would clutter up the interface. You can double tap to zoom and two finger tap to zoom out.

15 hours ago, frso80 said:

Also I noticed that this double tapping and move up and down to zoom in and out worked on the premium offline maps. :)

Yes! This works in Premium offline and Google Maps.

5 hours ago, frso80 said:

Don't know if it's you (if it is, then great work!) who made this possible on all maps (even tile-maps) or if it's a feature in iOS, but it's awesome! :)

Apple Maps (in developer apps) finally supports this in iOS 13, while the other map types have had this since Cachly 5.0.