frso80

Zoom in/out with using just one hand.

Question

I recently found out that you are able so zoom in/out using one hand/thumb in Apple Maps. To do this you double tap somewhere on the map and then move your thumb up and down. This feature would be awesome in Cachly.

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, frso80 said:

I recently found out that you are able so zoom in/out using one hand/thumb in Apple Maps. To do this you double tap somewhere on the map and then move your thumb up and down. This feature would be awesome in Cachly.

Even though this works in the stand alone Apple Maps app, iOS does not provide a way to do this when those maps are included in apps like Cachly.

However, our Premium Offline Maps and Google Maps do offer this way of zooming in.

Hopefully iOS will change this in the future.

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Even though this works in the stand alone Apple Maps app, iOS does not provide a way to do this when those maps are included in apps like Cachly.

However, our Premium Offline Maps and Google Maps do offer this way of zooming in.

Hopefully iOS will change this in the future.

Oh, I see. So this feature cant be done on custom tile-maps?

34 minutes ago, frso80 said:

Oh, I see. So this feature cant be done on custom tile-maps?

No, not currently as that still uses the Apple provided map framework. It would take a lot of touch gesture hacking of that map, which isn't a good idea.

12 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

No, not currently as that still uses the Apple provided map framework. It would take a lot of touch gesture hacking of that map, which isn't a good idea.

I see. The feature is still good though. Hope Apple releases this in their framework. Thank you for your answers.