Thot

Finding the cache I'm at.

I should start by saying I should use cachly more so I become familiar with how everything works.  But, I don't have a lot of data time and usually don't need it.  Pretty much I only use cachly when I'm at a cache location and can't find it. This is when I fire up cachly to see if there are spoiler pictures.  The problem I have with this is, sometimes I can't find the cache I'm at on the screen.  I assume the pulsating dot is my location so is the cache symbol hidden under the dot?

Also, when I put a word from the cache name in the search box and touch the circular arrow below and to the right of the search box, it does not bring up the cache.  Neither does touching the SEARCH beside the text entry area

Yes, the cache would be right where the pulsating current location indicator is.

Are you sure you don't have some other Search Options turned on that would prevent that cache from showing? Tap the filter icon and then Reset search options.

2 minutes ago, Thot said:

I just did the Reset.  This turned off all the filters including Search by Cache Name.  Is that what you expected?

Yes. You might have had a search option turned on that was not allowing that cache to be shown. Can you look and see if that cache is there, even if you aren't at that location?

4 minutes ago, Thot said:

I wouldn't know how to find it. It's about 20 miles away.  I'm home and using a desktop

Do you know the GC code? You can search for it in the search field. Or, you can move the map over to the location where the cache was then reload caches in that area.

1 minute ago, Thot said:

I searched by GC code.  It's there.

Does this mean you can't search by cache name?

Cache name has a radius from the center of the map. I think in 4.3.x it is 10 miles. This is a limitation of the API. In 5.0 it will be able to search 100 miles.