Offline lists questions

two bison

1] Is to possible to have more than one, i.e., several, Offline List active at the same time? Sometimes, when I'm caching I will be looking for caches in, e.g. "DT-Davis" but caching very near it's border with "DT-Sacramento." It would be useful to be able to have them both active as had been the case in the days of Geosphere. 

2] After updating my Offline List information on GSAK I want to be able to upload the caches to the appropriate Offline List. Is there a way to empty the appropriate list or must I delete the list and it's title and add a new list with the old title before uploading? I'm sure you, Nick, are tired of hearing this but this was possible in Geosphere. I do appreciate that Cachly was already available when Geosphere bit the dust and am slowly getting up to speed. It's that old dog ... new trick problem rearing it's ugly head once again.

44 minutes ago, two bison said:

1] Is to possible to have more than one, i.e., several, Offline List active at the same time? Sometimes, when I'm caching I will be looking for caches in, e.g. "DT-Davis" but caching very near it's border with "DT-Sacramento." It would be useful to be able to have them both active as had been the case in the days of Geosphere. 

This is something that we have planned, but to develop it is going to take a fair amount of work. Offline List viewing was created with a single list in mind, so we would have to rebuild all the code for almost everything to handle an array of lists.

45 minutes ago, two bison said:

2] After updating my Offline List information on GSAK I want to be able to upload the caches to the appropriate Offline List. Is there a way to empty the appropriate list or must I delete the list and it's title and add a new list with the old title before uploading? I'm sure you, Nick, are tired of hearing this but this was possible in Geosphere. I do appreciate that Cachly was already available when Geosphere bit the dust and am slowly getting up to speed. It's that old dog ... new trick problem rearing it's ugly head once again.

Swipe left on an Offline List then tap Options and you will see the option to remove the caches but not delete the list. You can also import into the same list, with the same caches, and they will be updated with the changes in the GPX file. However it won't delete caches that are not in the GPX.

• 1 month later...

@1 - for now I help myself to create Temp folders (similar to the "smart folders" in Icaching), where I merge the offline folders when needed. For example I keep my solved mystys in PQ 1 and Caches without mystys in PQ 2. When I need it I create a new Temp folder, merge PQ 1 and PQ 2 into it and delete the Temp folder (not the origin PQ 1 and 2) later when I don't need it anymore. 

Might not be the fastest way, I admit I also miss that feature from Geosphere, but it works for now and takes only a couple of days to get used to   :-)