Insert CO Name

Rooski22

I am still having the occasional problem with Cachly inserting the wrong name for the cache owner. In the past couple of months it's happened four times that I've been aware of and I only noticed the first time because another cacher read my log and asked me why I was thanking the wrong person. The others I've noticed because I had previewed the log. It happened tonight when I was logging an event. I had typed my log and hit Insert Keyword and then Owner Name. When I previewed it the name was wrong and I noticed it was the cache owner of the last cache that I had looked at before logging the event. It wasn't a cache that I had found and logged. Only one I had looked at. Any idea what's causing this to happen?

The last one I did I did not save it as a pending log. I wrote the log about the event, wrote thanks and then chose Insert Owner Name, typed the rest of my message. Then I clicked on preview and read the log before backing out to send. That's when I noticed I wasn't thanking the hosts of the event. Their name had been replaced by another cacher name. It was just luck I remembered the last cache I had looked at before logging the event. It wasn't a cache that I had logged. It was a cache that I had just looked at. I deleted that line and tried it again with the same results. I ended up just deleting the CO's wrong name and typed it in manually. I've never used the bulk upload. I can try to replicate it but it happens so infrequently that i even notice. I have talked with another cacher though who has the same problem. If I catch it happening again I'll try to get more details. 

• 2 weeks later...