GSAK Notes to Logs.

TheWinterTrio

Sorry if this has been asked for in the past, but I didn't find it while searching...

I'm a heavy GSAK user (and former Geosphere user) and one of the features I really miss is the ability to make the GSAK Extra/Log the first log in the list.  When I export the GPX with GSAK, there is a Field call "Extra Information to export as first log".  In Geopshere there is an option to make that the first log, or to sort it by date.   In Cachly, it appears that it's either sorted by date, or put at the end of the list of logs.  

Can we get an option to make that "log" appear as the first log?  I like to store a lot of extra information in that field for quick reference.

This is what the GSAK "Log" looks like in the GPX file:

<groundspeak:logs>
    <groundspeak:log id="-3">
    <groundspeak:date>2017-09-25T08:00:00</groundspeak:date>
    <groundspeak:type>Write note</groundspeak:type>
    <groundspeak:finder id="0">GSAK</groundspeak:finder>
    <groundspeak:text encoded="False">Placed: 08/16/2016 &lt;BR/&gt;Favorites: 1&lt;BR/&gt;County: Snohomish* &lt;BR/&gt;Delorem: WA-046* &lt;BR/&gt;WaTG: SnoWaTG-436 &lt;BR/&gt;WaCities:  &lt;BR/&gt;Chall:     &lt;BR/&gt;FBF:jcar,crs98,GrievousAngel&lt;BR/&gt;DNF:&lt;BR/&gt;Reviewer: Barking Frogz
    </groundspeak:text>
   </groundspeak:log>

Also, For Geosphere I would put in "BR/" (exported as "&lt;BR/&gt;") for a line break in the logs, if there a string for Cachly that will force a new line in a simliar manner so all the fields are not squished together?

Thanks!

-Stephen

Pretty much, yes...

There is a field in the GPX export form that you can put any data you want in, and it will create a fake "Write Note" log for the cache and includes it in the export.

This is what I have in that field :   (everything with a % in front of it is a database variable)

Placed: %datepl %custom_PlacedDateChallenge<BR/>Favorites: %caches_FavPoints<BR/>County: %custom_CountyChallenge <BR/>Delorem: %User <BR/>WaTG: %User2 <BR/>WaCities: %custom_WaCitiesChall <BR/>Chall: %custom_Jasmer %custom_Fizzy %custom_SnoCoHistory %custom_COTM %custom_Oldie%custom_Faves100<BR/>FBF:%custom_FoundByFriend<BR/>DNF:%custom_DNF_Date<BR/>Reviewer: %custom_Reviewer

This is the log that is generated in the GPX file:

<groundspeak:logs>
    <groundspeak:log id="-3">
    <groundspeak:date>2017-09-25T08:00:00</groundspeak:date>
    <groundspeak:type>Write note</groundspeak:type>
    <groundspeak:finder id="0">GSAK</groundspeak:finder>
    <groundspeak:text encoded="False">Placed: 08/16/2016 &lt;BR/&gt;Favorites: 1&lt;BR/&gt;County: Snohomish* &lt;BR/&gt;Delorem: WA-046* &lt;BR/&gt;WaTG: SnoWaTG-436 &lt;BR/&gt;WaCities:  &lt;BR/&gt;Chall:     &lt;BR/&gt;FBF:jcar,crs98,GrievousAngel&lt;BR/&gt;DNF:&lt;BR/&gt;Reviewer: Barking Frogz
    </groundspeak:text>
   </groundspeak:log>

gpxexport.png

IMG_1582.PNG