Logging trackables

weellu

Question

Hi,

I find myself using Cachly more and more! Keep up the good work.

One thing that I have noticed is a bit annoying, is that when you log a trackable and hit Send now button nothing happens. The trackable is logged though, but there is no feedback for the user. As a user I would expect some feedback. Preferably close the log trackable view or alternatively show message that the log was successfully sent.

10 answers to this question

Thanks! This is a know bug that has been in Cachly for a while now, but so far I have been having a very very hard time replicating it. I can log trackable every which way but I cannot replicate it.

Are you able to outline the exact steps that you took to make this happen? Thanks!

Haha. no that I tried to repeat it to get the steps how it occurs, I couldn't. I bet there is something I do differently with Cachly when I am in outdoors that affects the case, because it repeats very often while caching out there, but not now back home. Well, next time I happen to see the bug, I will write down the steps to repeat it and post them here.

Haha. no that I tried to repeat it to get the steps how it occurs, I couldn't. I bet there is something I do differently with Cachly when I am in outdoors that affects the case, because it repeats very often while caching out there, but not now back home. Well, next time I happen to see the bug, I will write down the steps to repeat it and post them here.

Thanks, yeah I have personally replicated it while in the field, but never when at my computer, which is where I need to replicate it. I have a feeling it has to do with specific trackables that have specific attributes.

Would it be possible to have a visit all button for trackables. At the moment I think I have to go into each one and say either visit or drop. It would be nice if it could be set to automatically visit all the trackables in my possession.

Thanks

Yes, when you are logging a cache and adding trackables, just tap the ... button on the to right of the adding trackables section, and you will be able to change the log type for all of them. 

I used the Visit All function over the weekend and wanted to then not include 3 of them. I saved the log to send later vs sending at that time. I didn't see a way to uncheck the caches I didn't want to visit and ended up fixing it from the geocaching website after I uploaded my logs. Is is possible to deselect a trackable once the option to visit has been selected?

4 hours ago, wwbd said:

I used the Visit All function over the weekend and wanted to then not include 3 of them. I saved the log to send later vs sending at that time. I didn't see a way to uncheck the caches I didn't want to visit and ended up fixing it from the geocaching website after I uploaded my logs. Is is possible to deselect a trackable once the option to visit has been selected?

Yes, if you use the Visit All option you can just swipe the one you want to remove and tap Delete. That will remove it from the list.

Oh I see, thanks! I saw that and at the time I thought it was going to delete the trackable from my inventory vs the log. In hindsight I'm not sure why I thought that! 

I just tested that and I "Visited All" and then swiped and deleted. As I did this I noticed that the first trackable in my list started repeating under the Available heading. It seems like some kind of screen refresh issue might be going on. If I scrolled the list then it mostly corrected itself and if I exited from that screen then the list was correct.

Just now, wwbd said:

I just tested that and I "Visited All" and then swiped and deleted. As I did this I noticed that the first trackable in my list started repeating under the Available heading. It seems like some kind of screen refresh issue might be going on. If I scrolled the list then it mostly corrected itself and if I exited from that screen then the list was correct.

This is just a UI bug as you noted, and has been fixed in 2.0. Thanks for reporting it!