Photos & Cachly

gladstone8

I very much enjoy and appreciate Cachly as the replacement for the GC.com app - without it I would have packed in caching.

I also contribute to Geograph which is a project in the UK where I take photos of OS grid squares as I walk.

Thing is that if I'm using a PQ every time I take a photo Cachly stops working and goes to Live search and I have to reboot the PQ again.

Is there something I can do to stop this happening please?

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I'm running an iPhone 4S.  And that's exactly what I do - double click to get to the camera and take the photo then double click to get back to Cachly.  The Cachly screen appears as before but the distance countdown is frozen and after a few seconds it sort of reboots itself and goes into Live mode.  I also run an Ordnance Survey map app at the same time and there are no problems with this interfering with Cachly - or vice versa.

It could be that the 4s doesn't have enough memory to keep Cachly active in the background when you are swapping apps. If you haven't, close all apps you don't need by double clicking the home button and swiping up (closing) apps you don't need. There is a future request for Cachly to re-launch in the same state as it was last running. 

I turned off Cachly from doing an initial search when it is launched which might save a little time for you if the app needs to reload and you had that option (More at the bottom of the main screen / Settings / Automatic Search on Start) enabled and showing green. Turn that option off show it doesn't show green.