Zooming

Merlin1392

On last week's GeoGearHead's show  I learned a few more things that I really like about Cachly.  As a relative new user, I'm getting to like it more and more. However, there's one feature I don't know if there's a way to deal with. Zooming. When I want to zoom in, it's usually to get a better read on the roads and features in and around the cache location. As I zoom in, I get about a 2second large view and then the screen "snaps" back to a small text view, but less overall area displayed. Is there a way to keep the text large? Some of us are getting more visually challenged and need to actually read road signs.  Thanks

1 minute ago, Attila_G said:

Same problem here. I use the offline map "Switzerland" but it happens on the standard Google map too.

No, there sadly isn't a way to dynamically make the font larger for these. Apple Maps will use the iOS accessibility settings and make the font sizes larger.

In the future we are looking at making this possible for our offline maps.

13 minutes ago, barefootguru said:

In Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size you can bump up the slider to make the street names on Apple's map more legible (both the Maps app and Apple Maps option within Cachly).  Unfortunately iOS increases the font size everywhere… I'd rather it only increased the tiny fonts.

If we added an option in Cachly to change the text size of maps it would ONLY be able to affect our offline maps. All other maps are either raster tiles (images that are already created) or controlled by iOS, as in Apple Maps.

• 4 years later...
54 minutes ago, Bärenkatapult said:

ist there any news on this feature request? I really would appreciate a minimum font size on offline maps. No need for other map types

Yes, with Premium Offline Maps you can make the text larger if you change the text size in iOS. So, if you change the iOS Setting for text size you will see that reflected in our maps.