Can I have text presets?

Smity533

Hello,

My friend recently switched from Geosphere to Cachly. She's loving everything so far (that's a big compliment, she's a tough critic) but wants one feature. Obviously if I was requesting a feature I'd be in the wrong spot, so I'm not. I'm hoping I've just overlooked a minor detail. She would like the ability to make text presets, correct for certain adventure types. For example, "I spent a lovely day riding my bike with my husband and dog. We found many caches. Tftc." Or "Tftc! A tricky find, had to a phone a friend!" Is there a way she can easily save presets, and then access them in the future? 

Regards,

Fletch.

There are many cachers that were geosphere users so you might get a more complete answer from them if I misunderstood your friends request. In an upcoming release, the developer will be adding support for multiple templates to select when creating a log. This sounds like what she's looking for, so you/she didn't overlook that function. 

Maybe a ex-geosphere user here knows a trick/workaround?

You can use Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Text Replacement to create text presets so "paf" followed by a space would instantly expand to your Phone A Friend message. I used to use "sl" for SL TFTC until I decided that was a poor log to reward someone's hard work to create it. Just choose your abbreviation so it is not a word you would ever type normally or you will get surprised.