Deleted Pocket Queries

ChrisDen

2 hours ago, hidegoseek said:

A downloaded PQ file doesn't get deleted when you delete the underlying PQ criteria.  The file will be available for six days, then it will disappear from your list on Cachly.  

I am talking about when I go into the geocaching.com pocket query page and delete the PQ and the related file that is normally available for 7 days.  If you delete the file on the second tab (Pocket queries ready for download) it disappears from the list of available files on the web site but does not disappear on cachly or other caching apps.

27 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

I am talking about when I go into the geocaching.com pocket query page and delete the PQ and the related file that is normally available for 7 days.  If you delete the file on the second tab (Pocket queries ready for download) it disappears from the list of available files on the web site but does not disappear on cachly or other caching apps.

This must be an API issue. 

36 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

Oh, I see what you mean.  Yeah, what's up with that?  

17 minutes ago, hidegoseek said:

Oh, I see what you mean.  Yeah, what's up with that?  

Actually, just testing this, deleting PQs form the downloaded section on the website, then refreshing in Cachly correctly removed them from the available list in Cachly.

Can you still reproduce the issue?

11 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Actually, just testing this, deleting PQs form the downloaded section on the website, then refreshing in Cachly correctly removed them from the available list in Cachly.

Yep, that worked.  I should have known to try that.  

Strange - I have 19 PQ's ready to download including the "My Finds" PQ which does not appear in cachly and I have 25 in cachly. I have refreshed numerous times, even exited cachly and come back in but the 25 are still there.

Do groundspeak have any distributed servers? I wonder if we are running off a mirror that does not update regularly. I am on the other side of the globe. I will have to get one of my fellow cachers in South Africa to test.

2 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

"My Finds" PQ

Yes, this isn't allowed to show through the API.

2 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

Do groundspeak have any distributed servers? I wonder if we are running off a mirror that does not update regularly. I am on the other side of the globe. I will have to get one of my fellow cachers in South Africa to test.

I am not sure, but I would guess they do.

• 2 weeks later...