Pending Logs

ciarmer

Question

15 answers to this question

I was out caching today and using Cachly as I'm trying to get used to it. Unfortunately, I thought I had the most recent version so I still wasn't able to upload pending field notes in bulk. I've now installed the most recent version. Has this issue been addressed yet?

One of the bugs that exists in the previous version (and may still be there in the current version) is when field notes are accumulated and not logged at the time of creation, a problem arises in the Find Count if one uses the *Find Count* variable as part of the field note text. As an example, if you start the day with 100 finds in your profile and you find three caches during the day and you have accumulated three field notes for those finds, when you upload the logs (one by one) as field notes, each one of them has Find number 103 in its text. Looks like a bug to me. But any input would be welcome.

26 minutes ago, ciarmer said:

I was out caching today and using Cachly as I'm trying to get used to it. Unfortunately, I thought I had the most recent version so I still wasn't able to upload pending field notes in bulk. I've now installed the most recent version. Has this issue been addressed yet?

One of the bugs that exists in the previous version (and may still be there in the current version) is when field notes are accumulated and not logged at the time of creation, a problem arises in the Find Count if one uses the *Find Count* variable as part of the field note text. As an example, if you start the day with 100 finds in your profile and you find three caches during the day and you have accumulated three field notes for those finds, when you upload the logs (one by one) as field notes, each one of them has Find number 103 in its text. Looks like a bug to me. But any input would be welcome.

Bulk uploading will come in our 2.0 version.

For the find count keyword, it is a tricky thing to keep working since there are many ways that logs can get created: Create log, save Pending Log to device, submit field note to geocaching.com. Field notes on geocaching.com could then be deleted later, further throwing off the number.

So, we are working on the issue any trying to get it working correctly.

2 hours ago, frso80 said:

Also to this it would be great if it was possible to send a fieldnotes.txt to Dropbox, iCloud-drive or e-mail for importing to iCaching or GSAK.

This is on our feature list as well, but likely won't make it into 2.0 as it isn't one of the high priority features.

On 18/09/2016 at 11:34 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

This is on our feature list as well, but likely won't make it into 2.0 as it isn't one of the high priority features.

Pity. I like to do a short log in the appendix then drop into GSAK, where I fresh out the log and then update to geocaching.com. The reason Geosphere is still my primary app and cachly is just the experimental standby.  

20 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

Pity. I like to do a short log in the appendix then drop into GSAK, where I fresh out the log and then update to geocaching.com. The reason Geosphere is still my primary app and cachly is just the experimental standby.  

So you were wanting to have the option to send individual logs or all pending logs?

Nic,

I'm a Geosphere refugee! I've just downloaded Cachly on the recommendation of other frustrated Geosphere users and THEY WERE RIGHT! This is a great Geocaching App.

I took Cachly for a run yesterday and this is one of two things I noticed that would (in my view) greatly improve the Cachly experience. Bulk uploading of Pending Logs would be a huge help for those of us who travel overseas and Geocache without Data Plans on our phones. I always accumulate my finds during the day and bulk upload in the evening. Maybe the feature could include "Select All" and then allow the deselection of individual logs prior to actual upload.

Looking forward to version 2 - Hope Apple don't take too long approving it so you can include this feature in Version 2.1 ;) 

3 hours ago, Bunkshyde said:

Nic,

I'm a Geosphere refugee! I've just downloaded Cachly on the recommendation of other frustrated Geosphere users and THEY WERE RIGHT! This is a great Geocaching App.

I took Cachly for a run yesterday and this is one of two things I noticed that would (in my view) greatly improve the Cachly experience. Bulk uploading of Pending Logs would be a huge help for those of us who travel overseas and Geocache without Data Plans on our phones. I always accumulate my finds during the day and bulk upload in the evening. Maybe the feature could include "Select All" and then allow the deselection of individual logs prior to actual upload.

Looking forward to version 2 - Hope Apple don't take too long approving it so you can include this feature in Version 2.1 ;) 

Welcome to Cachly! :)

Bulk upload of Pending Logs was a feature that we wanted to add in 2.0, but ultimately we had to keep it off the list because we couldn't add any more features since we want to get it released very soon.

That feature will be priority after 2.0 is released and will be in 2.0.1.

3 minutes ago, smy said:

Hello

I can't find this feature in the latest release (2.0.3), is it still in your feature lists ?

BTW, your app is really great :)

Bulk upload feature is coming in Cachly 2.1. You can currently export in bulk a .txt file for upload to geocaching.com or GSAK.