Pending Logs

TheGreenTroll

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. So does clicking "submit all pending logs" actual log the caches for me if I save it as a draft or does it send it to drafts for me? I have been saving the drafts as a .txt and uploading because I am scared if I save it as a draft and then click that "submit all pending logs" it will then log all of the caches for me. 

3 minutes ago, elrojo14 said:

Quick question. So does clicking "submit all pending logs" actual log the caches for me if I save it as a draft or does it send it to drafts for me? I have been saving the drafts as a .txt and uploading because I am scared if I save it as a draft and then click that "submit all pending logs" it will then log all of the caches for me. 

If you mark the Pending Logs as Drafts, then Cachly will send them to gecaching.com as Drafts. If you don't then it will log them like normal logs. :)

13 minutes ago, elrojo14 said:

So I see the API requests take time to upload them all. I might just keep using the .txt file.Either way works and clearly Cachly is superior to the GC App. Thanks!

How many logs did you have? And did they each have trackables and images? Each of those will make a request to the API.

1 minute ago, elrojo14 said:

I had 45 and only 35 uploaded. Luckily I kept the .txt file before I uploaded as once I uploaded them, they were gone from my phone. I had to delete everything in GC.com and then re-upload the .txt file. Why would it miss ten logs like that? 

It shouldn't have at all. What do you mean by "missed" them?

3 minutes ago, elrojo14 said:

I submitted them from inside Cachly. Then I went to check my drafts on GC.com and there were only 35. My first ten drafts of the day were not there. Had I not saved that .txt file like I normally do, I would have lost those ten drafts. 

But they were removed from Cachly? Are you sure they were set to send as Drafts and not logs? 

I've not had any issue with bulk uploading of drafts from Cachly to the Geocaching website. I don't think I've had more then 20 to upload in a given session but they worked perfectly.

What I did notice is when going to the latest drafts page, it now lazy loads the caches so not all are displayed and I have momentarily freaked out until I realized they made this change. If you haven't already, you should double check that they really aren't there and not that the UI isn't holding them from you. The left nav on the website should also show the number of pending drafts.

I also changed the website's default sort order on drafts to oldest first so I log in the order I found them. The default was newest first for me.