Log Message Cursor Position

HikingSeal

I've noticed some less preferred and odd cursor behaviors when editing the content of my log.

First the preference issue, I took advantage of the Log Text feature to set up a signature. It consists of three blank lines (hard returns) and three lines of text. When I open a new log, the cursor is at the end of the signature. It's not a big deal but my preference would be for it to start in the first character (upper left) of the log window. I could see some people setting up log text that they want at the beginning of their log in which case the current cursor position is fine. Then of course there will be the tough ones who have beginning text AND a signature who want the cursor to be in the middle. You're pretty good at coming up with user friendly interfaces so I'll bet you can come up with something for the folks who want it in the middle. For us who want a signature only, perhaps an option to identify the Log Text as a signature allowing the cursor to start at the top.

Second the odd behavior. With by signature described above, I move the cursor to the first line and beginning typing my log. When I Insert Keyword, the keyword is inserted at the end of my signature rather than where the cursor was when I inserted keyword. Happens reliably.

Another weird behavior that I'm not sure if it's Cachly or my phone (5s) or a combination. If I have entered text and want to add something before my first character, I cannot get the cursor into the first position on the first line (upper left of text box). I can get it in the first position on the second line. I can get it between the first and second characters on the first line. I had a child with very small fingers try without luck. I've tried with a stylus.with the same result. [With my signature, because the first line is blank, tapping anywhere on the first line puts the cursor in the first position.] So what's the verdict, can the rest of you get the cursor in the first position after you've typed text?

Thanks,

Chris

In 3.0 these issues have been fixed and the cursor automatically gets inserted at the start of the log rather than the end.

17 minutes ago, HikingSeal said:

With by signature described above, I move the cursor to the first line and beginning typing my log. When I Insert Keyword, the keyword is inserted at the end of my signature rather than where the cursor was when I inserted keyword.

Have you made sure that the cursor is at the correct position? I cannot replicate this, it works correctly for me.

19 minutes ago, HikingSeal said:

If I have entered text and want to add something before my first character, I cannot get the cursor into the first position on the first line (upper left of text box).

I am not seeing this issue in 3.0 so this must either by fixed by our recent updates or might be device or iOS specific issue.