import GPX, no waypoint shows up

novostromo

Speaking of which, it looks like deleting an offline cache leaves the waypoints in the DB. Reimport the cache and they magically reappear. Or are they on the web and just not visible? Seems like they should not survive deleting the parent cache from the DB. 

3 hours ago, rragan said:

Speaking of which, it looks like deleting an offline cache leaves the waypoints in the DB. Reimport the cache and they magically reappear. Or are they on the web and just not visible? Seems like they should not survive deleting the parent cache from the DB. 

Will look into this.

3 hours ago, rragan said:

Or are they on the web and just not visible?

They are saved to geocaching.com but are not visible on the website. I just tested this and looked at the DB directly and the waypoints are being deleted when their parent cache is deleted.

However, if you find a circumstance where it does not seem like this happens please let me know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 10:09 AM, Nic Hubbard said:

Does this GPX only contain Waypoints and no caches? If so, Cachly doesn't support this since all Waypoints need to be associated with a cache. 

Though certainly not a "must have" caching need, it would be mighty handy to be able to import waypoints into an offline list. For example: I have a GPX file of cemeteries in my state, and many times I'd like to see which ones are near the caches I'll be visiting. Similarly, I also have a GPX file of waterfalls and like to see if any of them are in the vicinity.

Maybe feature to consider "one day." :D

James

• 2 years later...

Was this feature ever added? If so, how do I access it? Right now I'm substituting (with an external program) waypoint coordinates (for historical schools, cemeteries, etc.)  into a a basic GPX template (for offline caches) and importing the resulting file so that the waypoints then show as caches in an offline list. A bit tedious, but it works well, and I can simultaneously select and display the school list along with a list of caches to see what's nearby. It's also easy to highlight them if necessary to separate one type from the other (see attachment).

Would sure be nice to have a way to import a file (GPX, CSV, TXT, etc.) directly into Cachly so the waypoints show up in a list. A feature in version 6 perhaps?

Thanks!

Hides cemeteries schools.jpg

Edited by brudderman
Added screenshot

• 2 weeks later...