User waypoints

Duke68

Question

Hi,

I would like to send waypoints created in cachly as personal cache note to geocaching.com. Two options would be great one at a time or bulk.  Bulk would send all stored in cachly. When changing phone i could be sure that all waypoints are stored somewhere. 

5 answers to this question

I'm guessing he wants to preserve Saved Locations when moving to a new device. Cache notes have size limitations. I would rather see a way to export one or all Saved Locations as a GPX opening up a variety of ways to save them externally. 

While thinking about changing devices, what about a bulk export that would allow moving the entire DB to a new device? With lots of offline lists, this gets tedious otherwise. 

2 hours ago, rragan said:

While thinking about changing devices, what about a bulk export that would allow moving the entire DB to a new device? With lots of offline lists, this gets tedious otherwise. 

Yes, you can use iTunes and save the entire SQLite database (actually all three sqlite files) to your computer. Then hook up a different device and this time use the "Add to" option in iTunes and you can overwrite the database on your other device. I tested this and it works great.

11 hours ago, Duke68 said:

I would like to send waypoints created in cachly as personal cache note to geocaching.com. Two options would be great one at a time or bulk.  Bulk would send all stored in cachly. When changing phone i could be sure that all waypoints are stored somewhere. 

All the waypoints that you create are synced with geocaching.com and would be available on any device that you use, so this is good news for you! HQ just doesn’t show these on geocaching.com for some reason.

On 17/05/2017 at 6:07 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Yes, you can use iTunes and save the entire SQLite database (actually all three sqlite files) to your computer. Then hook up a different device and this time use the "Add to" option in iTunes and you can overwrite the database on your other device. I tested this and it works great.

Tested it from a iPhone 7 to an iPhone 5. Agree - works like a dream