Change to API

ChrisDen

1 hour ago, rragan said:

Also they say they tweaked some things regarding adding favorites with a draft and picture with a draft. Are these available to Cachly?

I talked with Geocaching HQ developers about this. It is not yet available for partners yet. They said they are working to make this available for us.

8 hours ago, ChrisDen said:

I see that HQ has implemented the change to the API with regard to the time zone issue. 

Does the current version of Cachly handle this change correctly?

I have been talking with a user from Australia who has been testing this, and from his testing turning off the "Log Date Correction" option in Cachly and just logging the date normally with make dates work correctly. It seems that Groundspeak fixed things on their end and the date correction is no longer needed.

3 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

I have been talking with a user from Australia who has been testing this, and from his testing turning off the "Log Date Correction" option in Cachly and just logging the date normally with make dates work correctly. It seems that Groundspeak fixed things on their end and the date correction is no longer needed.

I'm in New Zealand and my Cachly logs now default to the correct day, instead of lagging a day if submitted before 19:00 (Cachly date correction is turned off).

Feels like GS is going in the wrong direction by removing what little timezone support (UTC) they did have.

Be interesting to see if they handle finds around midnight now and during daylight savings correctly.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:33 AM, Nic Hubbard said:

It seems that Groundspeak fixed things on their end and the date correction is no longer needed.

Well, I'm glad it works somewhere in the world.  It used to work here without correction (in the Pacific Time zone) but drafts created tonight are dated tomorrow on the GC online site.  

Okay, forget what I wrote.  I was only looking at the "Date Visit UTC" which is properly converted to my time zone when I eventually post the draft.   

Edited by hidegoseek
edited to admit I'm stoopid