find history (colored dots) added to initial cache summary pop-up?

bloodycool

Question

A friend and I were having a caching day yesterday, and during a lunch break we were looking for our next set of caches to find. I mentioned how nice it would be if when you tapped on a cache, the initial pop-up that has the cache name, size, type, distance D/T, TBs, and favorites also showed the colored dots of the last 5 finds. It seems like there would be room for that in that initial window and it would eliminate the need to tap into the cache for additional details. This would make it much quicker to get a quick idea of which caches in the are findable and which might be more problematic. My friend said he was just having the exact same thought. 

As always, love the app. 

7 answers to this question

This is something that we have on our list to do.

It would be an easy thing to design, the only issue is that in order to get those 5 logs we have to retrieve "Full" caches. So each time we load caches on the map, it would use up 50 full caches, of which you only have 6000 per day. This seems like a lot, but some users will use them all. And Regular users only get 3 per day. 

So, it would need to be a settings option with the user knowing what the consequence might be of using that feature.

That wouldn't apply to offline lists though, correct? Since the full data was already downloaded? Presuming that is the case (and just to complicate things), maybe it could be standard to display the last 5 logs on that initial pop-up on any already fully downloaded cache (full offline lists) but optional on the "live" map? 

I certainly wouldn't ever hit the 6,000/day ceiling, but I agree that could be an issue for some users and something that should be optional.

10 minutes ago, bloodycool said:

That wouldn't apply to offline lists though, correct? Since the full data was already downloaded?

Correct, it would not. I could build it in a way that if there is log, it will show the dots in the callout, if not, it won't.

Will bump this up in priority.

25 loads faster than 50 over a slow connection and often the nearest 20 will keep me busy for a while. No point loading caches I may never get to. It's easy to ask for the next 25 if I'm not happy. It's about startup delays too if auto load nearby caches is on. Also once the option to do a full load on Live caches is present the delay in loading 50 will increase b