Readability

Attila_G

Question

Maybe it's more a question than a "feature request"... Not always but often I need glasses to use my iPhone. A few days ago when I was in the field, I realized that the readability of the Cachly interface is not optimal. Small gray text on a gray background is a killer.

Why not making the important text black?
Why not making it a little more bolder?
Why not making the font size bigger when there is a lot of empty room (e.g. coordinates/distance)?

I know Cachly has a nice look but compared with other apps not a good readability.

5 answers to this question

Under the Accessibility settings for your device, there are many options for altering the appearance of text in various apps (that support it), including bolding, enlarging, and darkening text. Perhaps those will fix your readability issue. 

Yes, I could help matters with settings changes but these apply to all apps and I may not want that. Geocaching is unlike many apps in being used almost exclusively outdoors so changes to improve readability specifically in the app are more important. 

On 4.5.2017 at 5:49 PM, MrGigabyte said:

Under the Accessibility settings for your device, there are many options for altering the appearance of text in various apps (that support it), including bolding, enlarging, and darkening text. Perhaps those will fix your readability issue. 

That doesn't work with Cachly. At least not the fontsize. Some text are still the same fix (kind of hard coded).