Suport for GCA caches

LouiseAnn

Your website says your app supports GCA caches and this is why I purchased Cachly yesterday.  However GCA caches do not display in any sort of usable way. 

The map has a whole lot of black dots, the list displays no details except the cache code, and when you open a cache, they are all called "@@Feel the Illinoise!" and have no details.

I'd be happy to work with you on testing fixes for this pretty major issue, I also feel you should remove GCA compatibility off the website ASAP and if you aren't prepared to fix this issue, I'd like to know how I get a refund for this fairly expensive app that doesn't met the need only need I bought it for.

post-85-0-03235400-1460245976_thumb.png

post-85-0-37180600-1460245977_thumb.png

post-85-0-60493800-1460246079_thumb.jpg

Hi Louise,

Cachly has been tested with a number of GCA GPX files and everything was working correctly. I would be more than happy to use your file and fix those issues ASAP and have the fixes in Cachly 1.0.7. I will email you too so that I can get the file.

Very sorry about the issues that this caused. I have every intention of fully supporting GCA caches, so I would like to fix this.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this thread has been followed up or not. I just tried importing the GCA file (in both ZIP and GPX format) via dropbox link.

It crashed both times.

Yes, Louise and I worked for a long time getting GCA imports working. But there is still more work to do.

I just got your crash logs. Could you email me the files so that I can take a look?

• 1 year later...

I only purchased Cachly today as I have been using a different app for the last few years.  I tried to import GCA caches using Dropbox and GPX files and the app crashed on my phone and iPad.  Importing GCA is one of the reasons we decided to try Cachly.

Any update on fixing this issue?

13 minutes ago, kaatka said:

I only purchased Cachly today as I have been using a different app for the last few years.  I tried to import GCA caches using Dropbox and GPX files and the app crashed on my phone and iPad.  Importing GCA is one of the reasons we decided to try Cachly.

Any update on fixing this issue?

Could you send us the GPX file to support@cach.ly?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:56 AM, Nic Hubbard said:

Yes, Louise and I worked for a long time getting GCA imports working. But there is still more work to do.

I just got your crash logs. Could you email me the files so that I can take a look?

Nic, was there any update with the ability to LOG GCA via Cachly. This would be amazing if you had any joy with the admin at GCA