Map Icons

Guest zhare86

Guest zhare86

Hello! Great app so far.

I was wondering if there is an option to change the map icons from the "balloons" to the traditional geocaching icons (boxes with green lids, ghosts, question marks, etc).

Also, I was wondering why all of my icons are the same--traditional cache green balloons. Looking at the official map, there are several other types in my area but the icons don't reflect that.

Thanks!

There currently isn't a way to change the map pin icons. Cache types are represented by their color, but you can see the geocaching icons when you tap on the pin, or view them in list view.

If you are seeing only Traditional caches then you must be a geocaching.com Regular user. Just like the Geocaching official app, Groundspeak limits us to only showing Traditional caches unless you are a Premium member of geocaching.com.

Guest zhare86

Thank you for the response :D

You were correct, I was using an account that was not premium. Do you have plans to change the icons (not a big deal, just wondering).

I've got two more--

Is it possible to save your current waypoint, for example if I wanted to place a geocache. I see that if you can touch your icon to bring up a bubble with your current geos, but I don't see a way to save those. If not, i guess i could always take a screenshot.

Is it possible to place a geocache from the app itself, or is that limited to the official website?

Thank you for the response :D

You were correct, I was using an account that was not premium. Do you have plans to change the icons (not a big deal, just wondering).

I've got two more--

Is it possible to save your current waypoint, for example if I wanted to place a geocache. I see that if you can touch your icon to bring up a bubble with your current geos, but I don't see a way to save those. If not, i guess i could always take a screenshot.

Is it possible to place a geocache from the app itself, or is that limited to the official website?

No, there are no plans to change the map icons at this time.

In the upcoming 1.0.7 version of Cachly, tapping the current location will copy the coordinates into the iOS clipboard, which can be very useful.

It isn't possible to place a Geocache from any app out there, even the official Groundspeak app. They want everyone to go through the website. However, we are working on a feature to be able to pre-create a cache using Cachly. So you would be able to compose an email with all the details you would need to create a cache once you are able to go to geocaching.com to do so.

Hope this helps.