Pins or similar for all pending clues

barefootguru

Question

I always have a number of caches I'm collecting clues for — e.g. photograph a signboard at a particular spot.

When visiting an area or planning a trip, it would be really handy to see all these pending spots on the map.

Not sure exactly how this would work or locations be stored… maybe a waypoint name with a special prefix, then Cachly has option to display all those waypoints.

6 answers to this question

I had hopes that the saved locations might help with this. When you drop a pin and name it, you can find it in the Saved Locations list. You can name it anything you want so you could invent prefixes to meet your need. 

Where this is not quite enough is having an option to show saved locations on a map. I can see any one but not all at once. Nor can I search saved locations by name, although you would need a bunch before this gets interesting. 

17 hours ago, rragan said:

Where this is not quite enough is having an option to show saved locations on a map. I can see any one but not all at once. Nor can I search saved locations by name, although you would need a bunch before this gets interesting. 

This could be an easy feature to enhance. :)

13 minutes ago, barefootguru said:

the downside is they wouldn't be synced across my devices.

I have considered using iCloud for features like this. They would be synced across all devices that use your iCloud account (if you login to iCloud).

However, this would likely be a 2.2 or 3.0 feature.